Monday, August 10, 2009

Leaving soon

I have two nights left in India. Although I have been homesick, I am now not ready to leave. It has been an incredible summer and I have learned so much. There is amazing work going on here and amazing people doing it. I am really excited to see my family and to start the year back up in the bay in my new apartment with new classes and internships and to see my friends. But I will also be sad to leave this country. There is so much that I did not see, so much that I have not learned. So many more people I want to spend time with and places I want to visit and get to know. I want to come back next summer and see more! I want to catch up with everyone at home and try to share this experience as best as I can. It has been amazing for me on so many levels. But I also wish that it was not quite over, that I had just a little more time. It is really hard to believe that my time to leave has almost come. That six weeks have passed since I arrived here. So much has happened during this time. I hope I can carry most of it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment